Hearing loss & airbags

Tom Boismier boismier at umich.edu
Tue Oct 1 09:56:56 EST 1996

In article <52r2oo$5k1 at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, audmcl at aol.com says...

>Check out USA Today for Monday Sep 30, 1996. I think it's the business
>section.  Some consideration being given to allowing dealers to disconnect
>airbags based on the SHHH organization claims of noise induced tinnitus.

Hmmm, tinnitus or coffin, now there's a choice. How do they isolate the source
of the noise induced loss to the airbag, rather than the other noises
associated with auto wrecks? Having been in a few in the pre-airbag days, I
seem to recall squealing brakes, grinding metal, popping tires, exploding gas
tanks, and other fun sounds... ;)