AFA's Au.D.

rgnorton18 at aol.com rgnorton18 at aol.com
Sun Nov 17 23:17:37 EST 1996

I cannot believe the childish bickering about the Au.D..  After nearly 25
years as an audiologist, I have learned to appreciate what an impact we
have on the hearing impaired.  I also appreciate what is needed for future
audiologists.  We all will leave something behind.  All Audiologists
should strive for something better for the future.  We need to do the best
for the future...support THE only effort (AFA)   that is willing to be a
pioneer,a maverick, a trailblazer.  The AFA is the only organization
willing to take   Audiology to a new level.  Asha would rather spend time
debating the ethics of dispensing hearing aids.(I am an asha member)

The discussions in this group center around who can call who Doctor...Who
cares...That's not what this is all about.  Those people care only about
themselves and not about the future generation of Audiologists...and
certatinly not about the hearing impaired.

This bickering is just what the doctor ordered at ASHA andAAA...Divide and
Conquor...

Do the only right thing to do...support the future of Audiology...Spend
$750.00..and don't worry about who is calling themselves doctor.

Robert G. Norton, M.S.