AFA's Au.D.

mikey gandalf at infi.net
Mon Nov 18 16:41:01 EST 1996

Why don't you just kiss his ring, Sirianni? His information is NOT accurate
and you are an idiot if you think it is. The Au.D. equivalency has not been
tested in the courts and the title doctor is open to anyone.
Oh, by the way, I'm just providing information, you just don't want to hear
it.
--

mikey (%^)

Jeffrey Sirianni <audioman at HCTC.NET> wrote in article
<1.5.4.16.19961117213949.1ddf6e1e at hctc.net>...
> "mikey" <gandalf at infi.net> writes:
>
> >You really ought to get a law degree, Paul. You are such a legal expert.
> >You may be one of those guys who would turn in to the local board a
> >fellow........
>
> >I apologize to you, Jeff. You are so worried about people disagreeing
> >about anything.......

> >> I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO NOTE:
> >> (ahem)
> >>
> >> In all of the cases below the earned entitlement was done
> >> through a UNIVERSITY of A STATE LICENSURE BOARD. Hence
> >> it it legal to use the designator as Doctor.
>
> I'm sorry, but Dybala's response and comments are accurate and do not
> deserve such a reactionary response.  He provided accurate information to
> the group and in such a manner that misinformed partipants could easily
> understand.
>
> The issue of the AuD is quickly becoming a argumentative topic. (For
those
> on the ASHA listserve, you know what I mean).  There are many
audiologists
> who don't know the differences between the proposed AFA, AAA, and ASHA
AuD.