AIT Mechanism; Aging/noise damage

Brian Sandle exti079 at csc.canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Nov 5 00:11:36 EST 1996

To what extent do the sounds of audio integration training act to
free up glue ear or other middle ear trouble? What level of sound
will do that, and what dose?

Shouldn't such things as wearing a balaclava at night be tried first,
as well as good nutrition/biochemical environment?

If a tester says a 36 year old's hearing is aged as if he were in
his 50s how is he distinguishing between aging and the use of noisy
machinery/attendance at loud music? How does this affect the
training procedure/result?

I am a little suspicious of this trainer since previously I have been
told that AIT only works on the processing of the information.

Brian Sandle