Vestibular AutoRotation Testing

Tom Boismier boismier at umich.edu
Tue May 28 06:35:44 EST 1996

In article <4o38tc$3j3 at tribune.concentric.net>, eardoc at anon.penet.fi says...

>Question:  How many of you utilize or have used the VAT system?  What
>role is it used in vestibular evaluations or outcomes based
>evaluations?  Do you find it useful? Just curious...

The VAT (from Lifetech/Western Systems) and the Vortex (from MicroMedical)
have been marketed as lost-cost replacements for traditonal "whole body
rotation" rotary chair systems. Unfortunately, there have been no studies to
date which directly compare auto-head rotation devices to rotary chair in the
same population. We are in the process of such a study at U of Michigan. Until
we finish the study, we are not using VAT data clinically.