Preventative Service Guidelines

Sally M. Whitson swhitson at OMNIFEST.UWM.EDU
Wed May 22 08:14:00 EST 1996

I just received the May issue of "The Hearing Review".  The article "Piloting
the Managed Care Highway" mentions government guidelines recommending hearing
exams every five years for men and women 25-60 years old, and annual hearing
testing after age 60.  I am wondering if anyone can assist me in getting my
hands on the Department of Health document.  I am planning to inservice our
Internal Medicine staff on the topic of proactive referral for hearing
services.  Published guidelines would be helpful in making a strong case for
an organized approach to the referral process.  My presentation date is 6/6/96
so I don't have the luxury of lots of time.  Thanks

Sally Whitson, M.S.,CCC/A
Director of Hearing Services
Milwaukee Medical Clinic
Milwaukee, WI