Hearing aid evaluation using ABR

Jeffrey G. Sirianni sirianni at UTS.CC.UTEXAS.EDU
Thu May 16 23:33:32 EST 1996

Cross-posted from Otology Online....

I would like to hear of any comments from people involved in this...

>From: "Otology Online Listserver" <OTOLOGY at ears.com>
>Sender: yangscho at samsung.co.kr
>Subject: Hearing aid evaluation using ABR
>Date: 96/05/15
>To: otology at ears.com

>In the evaluation of Hearing aids, we may use warble tone or FM modulation
in >sound field. But in cases of children, we can use only behavioral
evaluation >that frequently leads to incorrect information. In children
under 1 year old, >even this method can not be used.

>I think that after simple modification of synchronization, ABR can be used
>for evaluation of hearing aids. But also think that there would be some
>problem such as synchronization adjustment or noise from the hearing aids.
>Maybe in-the-canal type will be preferred for this intention.

>Do you have any experiences on this item ?
>I wish many comments and opinion from you.

>Yang sun Cho, M.D.
>Department of ENT Samsung medical center
>Seoul, Korea

* Jeff Sirianni, M.A., CCC-A           *
* Sound Advice / R.G. Delaney, M.D.    *
* 710 Water Street / Suite 404         *
* Kerrville, TX  78028                 *
* (210) 896-1433                       *
* (210) 896-1440 FAX                   *
* sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu           *
* jgsaudio at aol.com                     *