Widex Senso Digital Hearing Aid

Jeffrey G. Sirianni sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu
Thu May 16 20:52:14 EST 1996

In article <319684A7.7F9C at imt.net>, Douglas Baldwin <dugby at imt.net> says:

>HearWHAC wrote:
>> The Widex rep was by today and demonstrated the new Digital Senso! It was
>> very impressive.

>I, too, was impressed by the demo at AAA.  I'm anxious to see how real
>patients like them.  I'll let you know after we have fit them.

Phillip Clark (Audiologist & Rep.) and Ron Meltner (President) of Widex
came by my office this week to demo the Senso.   I too way very impressed,
especially because I usually take a sceptical point of view when anything
new comes on to the market.  These two gentlemen presented the Senso in
such a way that I did not feel like a "saleman" was calling on me.  They
were simply out giving demos and passing out information.

I sure like the feedback prevention mechanism that they use in their
fitting procedure.  In addition, I thought the sound quality was
exceptional.  We even compared the aid with some newer circuits on
the market and I found the Senso to be the clearest, even with background
noise mixed in.

I am waiting to hear from anyone who has fit one.

Jeff Sirianni     @(((<{
University of Texas at Austin
Communication Sciences and Disorders
CMA, 2nd Floor Clinic