What's aids are you using?

G. M. Alf gmalf19 at nwlink.com
Mon May 13 09:48:48 EST 1996

On 11 May 1996 05:43:32 GMT, HearWHAC at netins.net (HearWHAC) wrote:

>Mike writes:
>>We have
>>been finding the Gennum 3027 hybrid amp, a 2 channel device, to be
>>well accepted by most everyone.
>
>Is that the amp that is used in the new Unitron, GHI, AHS and Qualitone
>aids? I understand most of the other companies are jumping on this one real
>fast. If this is the same one, it is building on the Wide Dynamic Range
>Compression that Resound has pioneered. It looks very promising.
>
>Paul ;-)

We deal with the Siemens BTE's only but if the specs on the above
mentioned aids say anything about DynamEQII they most likely use the
GS3027/28 chip.  The Gennum information does say the chip uses Wide
Dynamic Range Compression so it must be a relative of the Resound
system.  The GS3027/28 uses an interesting "double layer" agc that
makes it almost transparent.

Mike