What's aids are you using?

G. M. Alf gmalf19 at nwlink.com
Fri May 10 10:17:48 EST 1996

>I'd like to know just what instruments your using and with what success...We've been primarily fitting BTE's,
>but that now seems to be changing...With Resound's canal and Oticon's MicroFocus we are starting to fit more
>canal aids...We've used CIC's on occasion but really feel there's a maintenance problem....Seems they break
>down much more often than other aids...Is anyone else experiencing this problem?...Those patients who wear them
>seem happy...And our free field verification show good results...We fit Resound/Oticon/Phonak/3M as well as
>some Starkey's and an occasional GHI...I look forward to your responses...GG

The bulk of our business has been ITEs, canals and CIC's that we
design and manufacture ourselves.  The BTE's we handle are Siemens.  A
few are their programmable models.  Programmability is not much of an
issue with us since we have direct access to the components of our
aids.  Our main sales draw is through referrals and the service
department.  We are able to fit quite a few CIC's even though they do
have a high morality rate.  We can repair a major problem in a little
more time than it would take the customer to buy batteries.  We have
been finding the Gennum 3027 hybrid amp, a 2 channel device, to be
well accepted by most everyone.   The TILL circuits are popular but
less so than the 3027 and the simple linear amps.

Mike