*MEDLINE on the web*

jbealer at cris.com jbealer at cris.com
Fri May 10 00:02:42 EST 1996

user <user at d-access.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>MEDLINE ON HEALTHWORKS ONLINE
>
>Healthworks now offers affordable access to MEDLINE. The largest single
>database of published medical literature in the world. In recent years Medline
>has been sold on CD-ROM, seven disks in all, at an annual subscription rate
>for an individual user in excess of 2,000 pounds sterling. Due to the
>availability of Internet delivery systems Healthworks is able to offer annual
>subscriptions at 420 pounds sterling (35 pounds sterling per month),
>discounts are available for multiple users and institutions.

>MEDLINE contains more than 7.5 million citations from over 4,000
>Biomedical Journals, of which 50 percent include abstracts. The average
>number of articles used has increased to 400,000 per year. It is the essential
>tool when searching for medical information; including topics relating to
>healthcare administration, biomedical research, medicine, surgery, dentistry
>and nursing dating back to 1966.

>For a FREE TEST DRIVE of MEDLINE point your web browser at:

>http://www.healthworks.co.uk

>or to recieve more information on Healthworks MEDLINE service on the
>internet, please e-mail your e-mail address to
>medline_info at d-access.demon.co.uk

>or if you would prefer to receive printed material send your full postal
>address to medline_info at d-access.demon.co.uk including the words
>PRINTED MEDLINE in your message
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>----------
>Healthworks Ltd.
>30-38 Dock Street,
>Leeds, LS10 1JF, UK.
>Tel:+44 (0)113 234 6624
>Fax:+44 (0)113 242 7782
>email:info at d-access.demon.co.uk

>HEALTHWORKS ONLINE

>* NEW MEDLINE database, fully searchable, FREE test drive.
>* CD ROM Shop: browse our catalogue of Health and Medical CD ROM's
>* Digital Library: with Over 330 individual journals from 34 publishers.
>* Disabilities Access: FEATURING THE LATEST NEWS FROM
>DISABILITY NOW.
>* Newsletters: Read FREE sample copies of all our newsletters.

>http://www.healthworks.co.uk

>RING OUR CD-ROM CATALOGUE LINE ON +44(0)113 243 9899 TO
>GET YOUR FREE COPY.

Or, if your in private practice, have one of your clinic's doctors
subscribe to Physicians Online (free, but only for physicians) and you
have access to Medline, Cancerlit, Drug interactions (very helpful for
those of you doing vestibular evaluations), e-mail, discussion groups,
and lots more.  All that is required is the software (available thru
the www), a physician to sign on (uses his/her drug liscensure for
verification) and you online.  No cost, no annual fees, nothing.  Or,
you could PAY for it like the gentleman says...