HCFA Audiology Regulation

Gary Gams higgins at dedot.comdedot.com
Fri May 3 09:28:42 EST 1996

I believe our problem stems not from the need...but from our perception of hearing instruments...If we see
someone wearing glasses we would never run up to them with a large print edition of Readers Digest because we
assume they can now see...Yet if we see someone in hearing aids we talk louder cause their deaf!...The other
day while having a root canal my dentist hand caused some feedback...He asked what it was and I told him...His
response was "You seem to hear so well"...That's why I wear them...So we have a long way to go before we break
this barrier...I believe that with the possibility of a phone in future bte's as well as a new generation much
more tech oriented we will begin to move forward...The current older generation which is still the largest base
for many of us is suffering from stories from dissatisfied users...Now more than ever we need to unite to get
the word out about all the advances in both hearing instruments as well as ALD's...And it might help if Jay
Leno or David Letterman got one...GG