Can you talk without a tongue?

bakerg at atcon.com bakerg at atcon.com
Thu Jun 27 11:21:41 EST 1996

Excerpted from the disscusion web web page at:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/6561/discussion.html

Can you talk without a tongue?

This is probably the oldest question we have been argueing about. I
say, that if you had your tongue removed, or if you were not born with
a tongue, that you could talk without a tongue. Maybe not as good as
normal, but you could still talk. Andrew says that you could not. Of
course, neither one of us knows squat about biology, so if you do,
please let me know what you know.

Ashley Baker said this:
Yes, dear cuz, you can talk without a tongue.  Ever heard of Sign
Language?  You can't speak without a tongue because you need your
tongue to shape sounds, but by using sign language, you can
communicate, i.e. :  talk

Ash, I think I am going to have to re-phrase the question: Can you
speak without a togue. The original discussion that me and Andrew had
dealt with the pronouncation of words and so forth, not being able to
communicate with others.

Post here, eMail bakerg at atcon.com, or check out the web site at:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/6561/discussion.html

Greg Baker, Fall River, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America
eMail:bakerg at atcon.com
URL:http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/6561/