concerns about profession

Jennifer Lantz Jenn.the.audiologist at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jul 30 21:53:04 EST 1996

As much experience as I have had (which is a strong undergrad and grad
program and two weeks of my CFY), this is a fulfilling profession. You
must realize that there aren't nearly as many audiology jobs as speech. A
lot of audiology jobs are filled by word of mouth or now the internet
(that's how I found mine). Average salary with a good bit of experience
may be 39K (I of course am making less than that having just entered the
field). It was hard work and I was very afraid for a while that I would
not find a job. As one of my professors said to me, anyone who is
committed to this field and is serious about making this a profession (ie
good student and student clinician) will find a job. You just have to be
flexible about the setting and location. I would have never believed a
year ago that I would be living in TX after graduation! :-)

Jennifer Lantz