Meniere's (Steve Hoffman)

Joseph Danto danto at yu1.yu.edu
Mon Jul 29 06:02:06 EST 1996

Steve Hoffman,

I just saw a response to your original post (which I missed).  May I
suggest reviewing the glycerine test which had been used for idenfication
of Menieres.  Severl exchanges took place on this subject about 4-6
months ago on the ASHA aud form and/or Otolaryngology Lists.  Although
I've not seen much recent notes about the test, my practical experience
had been positive that patients with Endolymphatic Hyd..showed improved
discrim/ pure tone/ symptoms with glycerine.

There is a Menieres organization on the internet you might be able to tap.

Good Luck,

Joe

Joseph Danto, Ph.D.
201 567 8408 (v)