Meniere's - positive diagnosis?

Ruth Carr Carousel at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jul 28 16:39:06 EST 1996

It is my understanding that a test called a eng can be done.  I think it tests your
equilibrium,  but i am sure someone else knows more about this test, but i do know it
is used to diagnose meniere's.
Also you may be wondering about meniere's for yourself if you experience dizziness.
As far as dizziness i feel i do not have meniere's but i do experience some mild
dizziness.  I have tried to pay attention recently  to when it occurs and i have come
to the conclusion that it typically occurs when my ringing gets louder and that makes
me a bit nervous sometimes and than my anxiousness makes me feel dizzy.  I have found
that now that i have delineated a pattern i do not become dizzy as often as i have a
better understanding of what is going on in me.  I thought this might  useful to you
as you explore meniere's. take care