Real-Time Journal Group

Jeffrey G. Sirianni sirianni at UTS.CC.UTEXAS.EDU
Fri Jul 26 00:01:25 EST 1996

Dear bionet.audiology Participants,

I have had an idea in the back of my head for the last 6 months or so and I
would like to get your feedback on it.

Does anyone know how a real-time discussion medium can be set-up?  I have
seen some facilities who hold such "discussions", but I do not know how this
can be done.  I propose a monthly (or weekly) discussion on a selected
article from either a journal or a trade publication that participants can
discuss in real-time.  One person would be volunteered as discussion leader
and all participants would be able to ask questions and make comments in
real-time.  If someone knows how this can be done, please respond to me and
we can get something started.

An alternative would be an ongoing discussion of a selected article via the
newsgroup. One person would read and critique the article and interested
persons could comment on the article for a selected period of time (say 2
weeks).

If people are interested in such exchanges, please comment to the newsgroup
or to be personally.

Thanks,

Jeff Sirianni

sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu