Help!!!

Jeffrey G. Sirianni sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 25 22:53:47 EST 1996

In article <Pine.ULT.3.92.960723140939.2864A-100000 at impala.ir.miami.edu>, Jed Brewer <gbrewer at impala.ir.miami.edu> says:

>I am trying to find imformation on the hearing capabilities of humans and
>cats.  Specifically, I am looking for limitations in the abilities to hear
>certain frequencies, and information about what frequencies (if any) tend
>to be most pleasing or most annoying.

Sounds like a trip to your library is in the near future.

I would recommend starting with an introductory textbook.  Try Pickles, N.O.
Introduction to the Physiology of Hearing.  That will give you a basic
understanding of the frequency ranges for humans and cats.  There is a
substantial amount of research done on the neurophysiology of the cat's
auditory system, if that is what you are interested in.

Jeff