The Ph.D. or the Au.D.?

Spbraj spbraj at aol.com
Thu Jul 25 21:08:17 EST 1996

I am an M.S. audiologist (certified) exploring career options, and
thinking of continuing my education. I am interested in research and
teaching in an
academic setting. My question is- what impact will the Au.D. have on
persons
like myself that are primarily interested in research audiology with a
secondary
interest in clinical audiology? Will the implementation of Au.D. programs
limit
job opportunities for Ph.D. audiologists? What will the future be like for
Ph.D.'s?
 I would sincerely welcome any opinions from other audiologists and
hearing scientists.

    A concerned audiologist in Arizona