THE NEUROPHONE!!

David Weesner tapeworm at net2.intserv.com
Wed Jul 17 21:24:49 EST 1996

dybala at utdallas.edu, http://wwwpub.utdallas.edu/~dybala/kelly.htm wrote:

> HEY EVERYONE!
> I just saw this posted in another newsgroup and
> I thought some of you might find it interesting %)
>
> A web-based message board has recently gone up discussing issues which
> include telepathic forms of hearing and hearing through your skin.
>
> Input from the Deaf community and comments regarding Deaf cultural
> issues would be appreciated.
>
> The focus of the board is a device called the Neurophone, which
> delivers any type of sound through the skin's nervous system directly
> to the aural parts of the brain, totally bypassing the ear and it's
> associated cranial nerve.
>
> The 7th Sense Forum:
> www.throne.com/neuro/Nphon_forum.html
>
> Thank you for your support,
> Paul Dybala
> dybala at utdallas.edu
> http://wwwpub.utdallas.edu/~dybala/kelly.htm
> 80 links to audiology related material!

I used to scoff at what seemed like zany ideas.  I remember being
incredulous at the idea that people would actually submit themselves to
an auditory brainstem implant.

Implanted ultrasonic hearing aids seemed pretty far-fetched too.  I've
become a little more accepting of alternative things.  Hey, let'em have
a go at it, hope it works!

David Weesner
on the Ne Jersey Shore