Speech pathology newsgroup?

Dawna Lewis LEWIS at BoysTown.ORG
Thu Jul 11 14:04:43 EST 1996

>A speech pathologist, not connected yet, is curious if there is a
>newsgroup specifically for speech pathology.
>
>On her behalf, I thank you for any input.
>
>--
>Tom Feron thf at worldnet.att.net
>07/10/96 20:28
>Using: OUI PRO 1.5.0.2

There are a number of sp. path. listservers that have been developed by the
ASHA Special Interest Divisions on specific topics.  SID 3, Voice and Voice
Disorders, SID 11, Administration and Supervision, SID 1, Language Learning and
Education, and SID 3, Voice and Voice Disorders are ones that I am pretty sure
have listservers available.  I don't know if you have to be a member to join.
It might be helpful to contact ASHA to be sure.  The SID liason at ASHA is Lyn
Goldberg.  I will cc this to her for a response or for her to pass on to the
appropriate person.  ASHA had been talking about starting a listserver for Sp.
Path. but I think they might still be working on logistics.  How would you like
to arrive to 800 email messages one morning (a distinct possibility with a
general sp. path. listserver)!?
Hope this helps.

D. Lewis

Dawna E. Lewis			e-mail address: lewis at boystown.org
Clinical Audiologist
Boys Town Natl. Res. Hospital		phone:  402-498-6607
555 N. 30th Street			fax:  402-498-6638
Omaha, NE  68131