loud computer fan

SoundHrg soundhrg at aol.com
Wed Jul 10 17:55:35 EST 1996

<<I am not wearing programmable hearing aids right now, but I -have- had
this problem.  Right now, I am at home, sitting in a room with three
computers, and I was unaware of the fan noise until I read your post!
But then I've had my hearing aids for six years, and I'm used to this
room.>>

<<I notice the problem is most annoying and noticeable when I have (or am
trying out) brand new hearing aids, and am having to get used to the new
quality of sounds.  EVERYTHING sounds different, and some sounds that
were previously tolerable suddenly sound very annoying. This also occurs
when I go visit a place I don't go to often .. I may hear the same
sounds in a familiar environment and they don't bother me, but in a new
environment, I WILL notice them.  I know this doesn't solve your
problem, but I hope it helps in understanding WHY. >>

<<For your particular problem, I like the idea someone suggested of a sign

saying a noisy fan is going>>

<<Kate
kate at ricochet.net
Sunnyvale, CA>>

This is a wonderful response!  I'm posting this by my computer.  I am
often asked when fitting hearing aids, 'am I going to hear that buzzing
sound all the time?'  Thanks for your input, I have made a copy, and it is
going over the screen...or somewhere.

Dale