Practice Builder's Accociation mailer

David Weesner tapeworm at net2.intserv.com
Tue Jul 9 05:10:18 EST 1996

I'm sure I'm not the only one who received a lengthy sales pitch in the
Mail for the Practice Builders Association, a "secrets for success"
program targeted at audiologists.  IMHO, it was a little blustery in its
style, but it made some valid points and I'm considering buying into it.
 But one thing disturbs me.

The mailer is peppered with quotes from audiologists saying how much
they love the program.  I thought I'd try to contact at least one of
them to see how they really like it, rather than rely on a one-sentence
quote.  So I pulled out my 1994-95 AAA directory (the most recent I
have) and NOT ONE of the audiologists names is is a member of the AAA.
Just as a matter numbers, I find that odd.  I don't have an ASHA
directory to check, so manybe someone else does.  Here are the names:

Gary Wolff, PhD (writer of the mailer)
Jim Ellis, MS
Sheila Elliot, MA
Harold Feldman, MEd