Audiology - For Women Only?

HearWHAC HearWHAC at netins.net
Sun Jul 7 23:56:05 EST 1996

A topic for discussion. The latest AFA Torchbearer tells of the first three
AuD graduates from Baylor - all women! There was also a picture of the AuD
students at Central Michigan University - all women!

Is this good? The "traditional hearing aid dealers" have been about 50/50
male/female which I have felt was a healthy mix. But 100% female! No way!
IMHO this is awful! So audiology in the USA will soon become a stereotyped
female profession like nursing.

What are the pros? What are the cons? Am I just being a sexist?

Paul ;-)