Audiology - For Women Only?

Zee naught zeenaught at aol.com
Mon Jul 8 03:41:19 EST 1996

HearWHAC at netins.net (HearWHAC) writes:

>A topic for discussion. The latest AFA Torchbearer tells of the first
three
>AuD graduates from Baylor - all women! There was also a picture of the
AuD
>students at Central Michigan University - all women!
>
>Is this good? The "traditional hearing aid dealers" have been about 50/50

>male/female which I have felt was a healthy mix. But 100% female! No way!

>IMHO this is awful! So audiology in the USA will soon become a
stereotyped
>female profession like nursing.
>
>What are the pros? What are the cons? Am I just being a sexist?
>
>Paul ;-)

Lighten up a little Paul.

If there were 50 graduates and they were all women then I might see a
trend setting in.  But there are only 3, give me a break.  Besides there
is nothing wrong with women dominating another profession; men have been
dominating the majority of things for a long time.  =)

D at ve
--
David DeKriek
Zeenaught at aol.com