Ultrasonic teeth cleaning and sudden hearing loss

Chris Harper charper at igc.apc.org
Thu Jul 4 01:26:25 EST 1996

Within the past week my brother, who was born with only one ear, lost
all of his hearing and developed bad tinnitus. This occurred less than
a day after getting his teeth cleaned ultrasonically.

Other than a brief mention in the tinnitus faq, I have yet to find in
information about the possible connection between ultrasonic cleaning
and hearing loss.

Any leads or information would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Harper
charper at igc.apc.org