Dream Hearing Aid Wish List

Gary Gams Higgins at DEDOT.COM
Wed Jul 3 21:56:40 EST 1996

The perfect hearing aid is invisible...It cost $300...It requires no
service and is self cleaning...It contains
a 5 year battery...If lost it sends a tone to the user so it can be
found...It filters out anything you don't
want to hear...It allows you to hear anything anywhere anytime...It is
dispensed via a drive thru system
similar to MacDonalds and requires no adjustments...Oh and of course it
has a life time guarantee and a 1 year
trial period...

Once this new device is on the market...Lets work on the IRS...

Not trying to be smart but it seems to me we have many good systems on
the market today...Rather than
reinventing the wheel, I feel we need to sort out what is available now
and learn to fit it better...I don't
believe the problem lies in the product but rather in our understanding
of the hearing system...Size and style
are issues only if we make them issues..No one style fits all...And we
each have our built in preferences which
are passed on to our patients...Once we make a cellular phone available
in a bte, They will be the
rage...Technology will not stop and much new product is already on the
drawing boards...What we need are more
Dispensers who care about the total person and are willing to explore
together this sometimes confusing yet
remarkable system

One more thing...If we are all to survive WE
(Ent's/Audiologist's/Dispenser's)need to work together and stop
fighting...We need to learn from each other and to share the knowledge
so we can all do a better job...GG