loud computer fan

Tom Boismier boismier at umich.edu
Tue Jul 2 15:41:00 EST 1996

In article <31D941B3.5E85 at imt.net>, dugby at imt.net says...

>Has anyone found an especially quiet computer fan?
>
>I have a fairly new pentium 133  -  a nice improvement over my previous
>computer.  But the fan is just as loud, if not louder than before.

The fan is part of the power supply (portables are quiet because most of them
don't have fans...). First, I would call the vendor and tell them the fan is
unacceptably loud, they'll probably replace it under warranty. If that doesn't
fix it, there is a company which markets replacement power supplies for PC's,
and advertises them as being much quieter than standard units. Try PC Power &
Cooling, 1-800-722-6555