loud computer fan

Douglas Baldwin dugby at imt.net
Tue Jul 2 10:35:15 EST 1996

I have a question for people working with programmable hearing aids, or
I guess even for those who are not, but use a computer for other things
in their dispensing office.

Has anyone found an especially quiet computer fan?

I have a fairly new pentium 133  -  a nice improvement over my previous
computer.  But the fan is just as loud, if not louder than before.

What happens is when I am programming hearing aids, or even just working
with a patient with non-programmables, they usually notice the fan noise
being amplified and think it is some kind of circuit noise.  I often
have to take them into the sound booth to prove to them that it really
is the computer.

This probably seems really petty, but it makes me crazy to
constantly have to explain the situation.  If anyone else has
experienced the same thing, or if anyone has suggestions, I'd be curious
to hear it.

Doug Baldwin
Rehder Hearing Clinic