Can you talk without a tongue?

Joseph Danto danto at yu1.yu.edu
Mon Jul 1 07:26:46 EST 1996

I am sorry to come in late...I did not catch the original post. As a
graduate student I had a patient with a glossectomy / radical neck /ramus
etc..  My recollection is we were able to develope a set of compensatory
movements of lips/teeth & glottal stops to allow useful communication.  I
reiterate I was a graduate student at the time but I believe some value
was gained by therapy.

Good Luck

Joe

Joseph Danto, Ph.D.