Ototoxicity protocol

Joseph Danto danto at yu1.yu.edu
Mon Aug 12 06:47:41 EST 1996

I have a *Ototoxicity Protocol* I use in my office and any hospital with
which we're affiliated.  I don't recall the source for the decision
making process but we've had it for several years....

1- pre administration of med baseline..
	pure tone through 8K; speech audiometry
	impedance to ID any potentiating  factors
2- advise MD if any data abnormal (possibly change protocol)
3- monitoring visits..at least pure tones
4- any change  of 10dB at 2 or more freq or 20 at 1 freq demands
immediate recall/retest
5- any changes brought to attention of MD (immediately)
6- intervals for monitoring depend on meds -
	3 days/weekly/accompanying each dose
	3 & 6 months after treatment terminates

Good Luck,

Joe