personality type, MBTI

BJPARKER bjparker at aol.com
Sat Sep 2 14:47:01 EST 1995

The speech & hearing center where I work uses a similar scale to the MBTI
for the management level positions.  It was made a part of the hiring
process which think may have been a mistake.  It seemed, in some cases, to
set-up communication styles before people really got to know each other.
While I think the scale was fairly accurate in personality traits it
hardly describes a whole person.  I think we need to be very careful in
how we use and interpret any personality scale.

 We also use a Total Quality Management (TQM) approach as you described
Oticon is trying.  We have had varying success depending on the situation.
 Does anyone else work in a facility committed to TQM or similar programs?
If so, how is it working? Since Audiologists tend to be independent
thinkers do you see differences between speech and hearing employees?