audiology web sites?

Rogue2 STU_LCBRAZ at vax1.acs.jmu.edu
Wed Oct 11 11:14:32 EST 1995

I need some help.  I'm doing an independent study this year in which I
am helping my teacher come up with some different options on audiological
simulations that we can use at both the graduate and undergraduate level.
These would be computer-generated simulations, as opposed to the medievil
"audiometer simulator" we have in the department.  We have been sent a
copy of "Odyssey" (if anyone is familiar with this program) and are
having some trouble getting it to work properly, and also with
contacting the company on what to do about it!  We'd like to find some
other options, since Odyssey has not been working out.  My assignment so
far has been "check the world wide web and see what you can find."
Easier said than done.  I've been keeping up with this group on the
latest postings of where to go, but so far nothing has come up that
looks remotely useful for our purposes (provided I have been able to
*access* the sites given).  If anyone has any advice on where I might
be able to look, please email me PRIVATELY--I do not get much opportunity
to check this group.  The programs do not have to be www accessable, as
long as there is somewhere we can write for more information.
Any help would be much appreciated--even if what I'm looking for is not
*on* the world wide web, I'd like to know.  Maybe someone can point me
in the right direction.

This is a list of sites I have already visited:
http://www.marshall.edu/commdis/audiology/index.html
       www.boystown.org/cel/cochmech.html
(and a couple of others, which I don't have right in front of me at the
moment, but were posted in this group)

Other sites I could not access (and am wondering if they were written
correctly when posted...):
http://labb9924.wustl.edu/intro1.htm
       www.teleport.com/' veda (that's exactly how it was written...)
       www.cityscape.co.uk/users/dt911/ (same as above message...)

Thanks for any help that can be offered...I really appreciate it!

-Laura Braz (James Madison Unviversity; Harrisonburg, VA)
STU_LCBRAZ at ACS.JMU.EDU