distance learning opportunity

Karen McComas mccomas at marshall.edu
Sat May 20 06:40:19 EST 1995

                                    ICDE95

   The XVII World Conference of the International Council for Distance
   Education (ICDE) will be meeting in Birmingham, UK during the month of
   June. ICDE95 is a pilot project designed to utilize the Internet as a
   medium for distance education and to enable interested persons to
   participate in some of the conference proceedings without travelling
   to England.

   There will be on-line sessions on the following topics:

        June 5-11, 1995
                Session 1: No Interaction, No Education
                Session 2: Is the World Wide Web ready for serious
                distance education delivery?

        June 12-18, 1995
                Session 3: Learning Activities for Electronic Distance
                Education
                Session 4: Issues in distance education research

        June 19-25, 1995
                Session 5: Learning to use MUD's and MOO's
                Session 6: Quality Professional Development Using Virtual
                Conferences

        June 26-30, 1995
                Face to face session in Birmingham.

        July 3, 1995
                Wrap up session.

       I will be presenting in Session #5 and want to invite all of you
       to participate. The only system requirement is internet access
       with telnet capabilities. I will be posting more information about
       these activities in Session #5 as we firm up our end of the
       presentations. In the meantime, if you would like more information
       about ICDE95, point your favorite web browser to URL:
       http://gpu.srv.ualberta.ca/~tanderso/adi/deg/icde.html

       If you do not have web access but would like more information,
       please send me email and I will forward the documents to you. My
       email address is: mccomas at marshall.edu.

       Some of the sessions will take place via e-mail and you can
       participate in these by sending an e-mail message to:
       listserv at vm.ucs.ualberta.ca. In the body of your message, include
       the line: subscribe ICDE95-L [your name].

Karen L. McComas
Communication Disorders, Marshall University
Huntington, WV  25755-2634
More info?  finger mccomas at marshall.edu