High power aids

Mark Verber verber at parc.xerox.com
Thu May 11 01:10:17 EST 1995

In article <3ol644$kh7 at geraldo.cc.utexas.edu>, sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu
(Jeffrey Sirianni) wrote:

> Can anyone see the need for 8 memories?  I can see the practical
> use of 4 (max), but 8 seems to be too many and would probably
> confuse the user.  Is there anyone out there that has dispensed
> a MultiPro where the user uses all 8 memories?  Please include
> comments....

My wife Libby, a dispensing audiologist, tells me that most of her patients
who have been fitted with the MultiPro use three or four distinct
programs.  In a few cases, Libby has duplicated a a couple of the programs
at a different amplication level because the MultiPro doesn't have an external
volume adjustment, thus using most of the program slots which are
availible.  The bottom line is that Jeff is right, most of the time
a 4 memory instrument would be sufficent.

btw: there are really only 7 free memories, the 8th is always used for
for electro-magentic pickup (ie telephone).

--Mark Verber (with wisdom from Libby Verber, MA, CCC-A)
  Libby is not responsible for spelling or grammer errors... that's all me.