Ethics and Audiology

ANNESELTZ anneseltz at aol.com
Sun Jul 23 15:40:37 EST 1995

First I would call the clinic that made the original
assessment/fitting/sale and ask for their opinion as to what to do.
Second:  I do not consider it ethical to send someone back to their home
town for servicing I consider it basic common sense
Thirdly:  However, I would not suggest they choose a dispenser in whom
they are well pleased because most persons don't have that competence and
merely choose a nice person who sounds good
Fourthly: I would look at my ASHA and AAA directory and determine good
resources to whom I can refer over time, and/or to whom I can refer a
person so that they can call and get a referral.
Now:  what did you do ?  I hope you had them send back the aid since it
didn't fit or please the individual unless it was past the trial
period.(anneseltz)