Ethics and Audiology

HearWHAC HearWHAC at netins.net
Sun Jul 23 21:39:09 EST 1995

In article <3uuc45$c3i at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, anneseltz at aol.com says...

>I do not consider it ethical to send someone back to their home
>town for servicing I consider it basic common sense

There is also a legal problem. This hearing aid was purchased new in March
from the clinic. If it is not right, I assume they are liable.

If we change the hearing aid, such as take an impression and have it
reshelled and/or reprogram it, who would now be liable? Us? Remember, we did
not select the brand or model, but would we become legally liable for the
success of the fitting.

Paul Woodard :-(
Des Moines IA