Tinitus triggered by sound

HearWHAC HearWHAC at netins.net
Sat Jul 22 09:30:22 EST 1995

In article <3uqtv0$g36 at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, jgsaudio at aol.com says...

>There is, of course, distinct differences between "objective" and
>"subjective" tinnitus.  Objective tinnitus implies that the sound causing
>the tinnitus can also be heard by others.

Jeff, I recall my father telling me about "objective" tinnitus many years
ago but I have never heard the term since. (He has been dead for more than
twenty years.) Have you ever observed it in a patient? What would cause the
"vascular anomalies" to be loud enough to be observed by another person?
Wouldn't that have to be pretty loud? Do you normally hold a stethoscope to
the ear? I can't help wonder how someone happened to come across this
phenomena. Of course, a logical question any person with tinnitus would ask
is, "Can you hear it too?"

Paul :-)