NOAH and Windows 95

SoundHrg soundhrg at aol.com
Tue Dec 26 22:40:06 EST 1995

I am running Noah on a 486 with Windows 3.11.  I only have 8 Meg.
Frequently the Noah database locks up and I have to go into the file
manager to delete two defaults with .lck under the "database" heading.
After doing this, I need to re-boot and everything works fine until the
next day, or Noah decides to lock up again.  It's frustrating, but I can
get it going again.  If I have another application running, forget Noah.

The connex system seems to run smooth as long as I can get Noah going.

I'm staying away from Windows 95.  It's hard enough figuring out the
quirks with Noah as it is, let alone adding 95.

I have called HIMSA several times, they give good advice, but they would
rather you talk to your supplier.  I have tried talking with my supplier,
they were worthless.  Stick with HIMSA if you want answers.  Call your
supplier if you want to wait for them to look the answer up in their
manual.