basilar membrane

Wolfgang Kreuzer e9025589 at fbma.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Dec 13 03:04:19 EST 1995

Hello everybody.
I have a problem and I wonder if anyone could help me.
If we take a look at the basilar membrane (upwards), we can see a row of
cells, then there is some layer and then again some cells (those of the Organ
of Corti, f.e. the pillar cells). I hope you know what I mean.
Can anybody tell me what material this layer is made of ?
I thank everyone in advance who will help me,
thanks

                    Wolfgang Kreuzer
                    e9025589 at fbma.tuwien.ac.at