[Arabidopsis] Job opening: Cornell Plant Transformation Facility, Industrial hemp research technician

Matthew R Willmann via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by mrw6 from cornell.edu)
Tue Jan 15 10:00:48 EST 2019

The Cornell Plant Transformation Facility (PTF) is a service facility of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) and its School of Integrative Plant Science (SIPS). PTF is charged with supporting the plant biology research of Cornell faculty by making transgenic and genome-edited plants of time-consuming or hard-to-transform species. Current projects at PTF concentrate on rice, maize, wheat, apple, and industrial hemp.

In addition to our service work, we also perform grant-supported research. We are currently looking for a research technician to help develop protocols for micropropagation, transformation, and genome-editing of industrial hemp and to use these protocols to create improved cultivars and support the hemp research of other labs on campus. For more information about the position: https://cornell.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CornellCareerPage/job/Ithaca-Main-Campus/Technician-IV---Plant-Transformation-Facility--PTF----School-of-Integrative-Plant-Science--CALS_WDR-00017589-1
Matthew R. Willmann, Ph.D.
Director, Plant Transformation Facility
Cornell University
School of Integrative Plant Science
B18 Weill Hall (Office), B22 Weill Hall (Lab)
Ithaca, NY 14853
Office: 607-254-1466; Cell: 508-243-2495
http://sips.cals.cornell.edu/research/plant-transformation-facility