[Arabidopsis] Final Round of NAASC Election- Ends Oct. 23rd- let me know if you did NOT get an emailed ballot!

Joanna Friesner via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by jdfriesner from ucdavis.edu)
Thu Oct 18 15:30:38 EST 2018

Hi North American Arabidopsis Researchers-
The  2nd and final round of this year's election of 2 new members to serve a 5 year term on the North American Arabidopsis Steering Committee is going on now.
***final votes are due by Oct. 23rd***
The field of 39 nominees has narrowed to SIX and each has submitted a brief statement as to their motivation to serve. You will rank the 6 finalists from 1st to 6th.

***If you did not receive an email from me via Survey Monkey (sender would look like: survey-noreply from mr.surveymonkeyuser.com on behalf of jdfriesner from ucdavis.edu- yes it's a mess), then please email me directly (jdfriesner from ucdavis.edu) by no later than Oct. 21st and I will manually input your address to the system.***

Note- you MUST be an Arabidopsis community member living and working in North America to be eligible to vote. I.e. you can't be a former North American member that is now, say working/living in Europe. This has nothing to do wtih citizenship, only where you are working in the world, and that you are part of the North American Arabidopsis community. So don't send this to all your friends that don't work in plant biology (this has happened before).

Also, occasionally someone wonders why they don't get the election emails, and it's because they've "opted out" of survey monkey emails in the past.
In that case, the system will NOT let me re-add that email, because it remembers that you didn't want it.
If you really want to vote, you need to give me another email address. I can try to add you but the system will reject your email address IF you previously opted out.

(also, please don't send me an alternative address if you are ALREADY in the system and have voted. That's just bad manners. And yes, this has also happened multiple times before).

***And finally- after you vote in the NAASC election- don't forget to vote in the US election if you are eligible!
November 6th is the next election and it's important to get out THAT vote also.***
:)

Joanna
NAASC Coordinator