[Arabidopsis] Post-doctoral Research Position in Transcription Factor Biology

Holt, Ben F. III via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by benholt from ou.edu)
Fri Jul 20 15:02:43 EST 2018

Post-doctoral Research Position in Transcription Factor Biology

A post-doctoral position is available in the Holt Lab (http://holtlab.oucreate.com) in the Department of Microbiology and Plant Biology (http://mpbio.ou.edu) at the University of Oklahoma, available immediately.

Our primary research interests involve the mechanistic roles of transcription factors (especially Nuclear Factor Y) in development (e.g., flowering time), hormone responses (e.g., ABA), and light perception. Additionally, as a tool to examine multi-subunit transcription factor assembly, we are currently developing a synthetic transcription system in yeast. In each of these areas, especially the yeast system and light perception, we have a number of potential NSF-funded projects for the right person.

Who is the right person? The successful applicant will have a strong publication record, demonstrated skills in plant molecular biology, biochemistry, and genetic analyses, and a genuine interest in transcription factor biology. All candidates must have strong English communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability/desire to assist with the supervision of graduate/undergraduate students in the lab. Finally, the right person must have a strong track record of working collaboratively and harmoniously with their previous lab members – we are a small group of dedicated scientists who enjoy solving molecular puzzles as a team, and we want people who see themselves fitting into that collaborative world.

Norman Oklahoma is a safe, family-friendly, and affordable city of ~125,000 people located just 20 minutes south of Oklahoma City (which includes typical large city attractions and a very conveniently accessible airport). We are also close to OSU and The Noble Foundation (about 80 miles to each). In addition to all the standard amenities of a large university town, Norman is highly affordable and has a vibrant and growing music/arts culture and many opportunities for good dining, while still maintaining a small-town feel.

Interested individuals should send a single PDF file with the following items:

1) Cover Letter – please briefly explain your future goals, specific interest in the position, and why you would be a good fit in the Holt Lab

2) CV - including a list of your technical skills

3) Contact Information for three references

Please email your PDF file directly to Ben Holt (benholt from ou.edu) with the subject line: 2018 Postdoc Search. Pre-application questions are welcome. Review of applications will begin on August 1st and continue until a suitable candidate is hired.

Current NSF Grants:
https://nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward?AWD_ID=1656521&HistoricalAwards=false

https://www.nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward?AWD_ID=1747539&HistoricalAwards=false

Ben Holt, PhD
Professor
University of Oklahoma
Department of Microbiology and Plant Biology
GLCH Room 219
770 Van Vleet Oval
Norman, OK 73019
Phone (405)325-9018