[Arabidopsis] GARNet Gene Editing Workshop: March 26th-27th in Bristol

Geraint Parry via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by geraint from garnetcommunity.org.uk)
Wed Jan 10 08:13:13 EST 2018

GARNet with support from the Bristol Centre for Agricultural Innovation
and New Phytologist are organising a Gene Editing Workshop that will
take place at the University of Bristol between March 26th-27th 2018.

This workshop is designed to encourage interactions and discussion about
the use of CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing in plant systems.

We are encouraging ECRs to attend the meeting and are providing nine
opportunities for talks by people who have submitted abstracts. We are
also hosting extended poster sessions.

The workshop has three main plenary sessions that will look at the
technical aspects of using GE in different plant species. In addition we
are hosting a session with a extended opportunity for debate regarding
the policy decisions that surround use of this technology.

The full workshop schedule is here:
https://garnet-ge-workshop.weebly.com/schedule.html

Monday 26th March
Opening Plenary: Stefan Jansson (Umea): Cooking (and eating) the first
gene-edited meal!
> Session I: Gene Editing in Dicots
> Session II: Gene Editing in Monocots
Keynote Plenary: Ben Davies: Transgenic Core Head, Wellcome Trust Centre
for Human Genetics, University of Oxford.

Tuesday 27th March
> Session III: Gene Editing and Global Regulatory Landscape
> Session IV: Novel uses of gene editing technologies

Registration for this workshop is now open and only costs £65 for ECRs.
https://garnet-ge-workshop.weebly.com/registration.html

As we are keeping the meeting small there is only space for 100
delegates!
Please register early to avoid disappointment.

We have arranged options for budget hotel accommodation for delegates in
Bristol so please take advantage of these offers here:
https://garnet-ge-workshop.weebly.com/accomodation-and-transport.html

The submission deadline to be considered for talks and posters is March
1st.

Please send your abstracts to the GARNet coordinator Geraint Parry at
geraint from garnetcommunity.org.uk

Thanks to the High Value Chemical from Plants network for providing
additional support (https://hvcfp.net/)