[Arabidopsis] Plate Readers

Holt, Ben F. III via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by benholt from ou.edu)
Fri Oct 6 10:34:02 EST 2017

Hi All,

My lab is in the market for a plate reader and would appreciate some community feedback. We are specifically interested in luminescence assays (dual luciferase assays) and will purchase a system with dual injectors, temperature control, and shaking - additional features like fluorescence and UV-Vis absorbance might also be useful, but luminescence is the top priority here.

Questions: Is your lab using one of these systems and what do you think about it? Information like pros and cons of particular systems, systems you would or would not buy again, ease of use, software quality, etc. are all useful here. We are eagerly studying company literature, but it’s tough to compare these systems as there are a fair number on the market and all claim fairly similar capabilities.

Thanks for any insights from experience that you can offer!
Ben

Ben Holt, PhD
Associate Professor
University of Oklahoma
Department of Microbiology and Plant Biology
GLCH Room 219
770 Van Vleet Oval
Norman, OK 73019
Phone (405)325-9018