[Arabidopsis] Finding Your Inner Modeler

Elizabeth Haswell via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by lizhaswell from gmail.com)
Wed Jan 18 20:39:08 EST 2017

Dear Colleagues,

Feel like you should be doing some quantitative modeling, but not sure
how to start?

My co-organizers and I invite you to attend a new NSF-funded workshop
entitled “Finding your Inner Modeler”, aimed at helping biologists and
modelers work together to solve complex problems in cell biology. As
you may know, NSF MCB has been making quantitative analysis a priority
in the evaluation of applications.

The workshop is designed to serve cell biologists with no experience
in modeling, and aims to give them the tools and collaborators they
need to get started. This includes a match-making service (I’m not
kidding) that will help pair cell biologists and quantitative
modelers, and 2 additional years of support for growing
collaborations. We have planned a three-year program of workshops, and
the first year’s installment will take place at the University of
Illinois, Chicago on July 13th, 2017. You can see the schedule of
talks/workshops/discussions at
https://pages.wustl.edu/haswell/finding-your-inner-modeler.

Registration is FREE, and we have funding to help with travel costs,
especially for trainees and underrepresented minorities.

Please help us spread the word by printing and displaying our poster,
found at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7esLEluOBK0dVg4WXkzc2p3cWc

We hope to see you there!

Liz

_________________________

Elizabeth Haswell
HHMI-Simons Faculty Scholar
NSF Center for Engineering MechanoBiology
Associate Professor
Dept. of Biology, Box 1137
Washington University in St. Louis
One Brookings Drive