[Arabidopsis] Postdoc position, UV-B Perception and Signalling, University of Geneva, Switzerland

Roman Ulm via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by Roman.Ulm from unige.ch)
Fri Dec 15 05:33:46 EST 2017

Postdoctoral position available
UV-B Perception and Signalling
University of Geneva, Switzerland

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in the research team of Roman Ulm to study UV-B perception, signalling and responses. Our group has a strong interest in early UV-B photoreceptor-mediated events regulating UV-B-induced photomorphogenesis and acclimation in plants, as well as the role of MAP Kinase Phosphatase 1 in UV-B stress signalling (for more information on our group please see http://biveg.unige.ch/labs/ulm). We explore state-of-the-art methods in molecular biology, molecular genetics, biochemistry, and cell biology to identify the molecular identities and activities of key factors involved in UV-B perception, signalling and responses.

We are looking for a talented new team member. The successful candidate is highly motivated, has a strong interest in plant signal transduction and photobiology, and demonstrated expertise in molecular biology, biochemistry or related (first-author paper in a major international journal). Previous substantial experience with molecular techniques is essential.

Please send a single PDF file, including curriculum vitae, motivation letter, copies of most recent diplomas and contact details of 2-3 references by e-mail to Roman Ulm (roman.ulm from unige.ch<mailto:roman.ulm from unige.ch>); please use your current institution's e-mail account to send the application.

Review of applications will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.

Geneva offers an outstanding environment for study and research in the Molecular Life Sciences, as well as a vibrant cosmopolitan cultural life and beautiful natural settings for outdoor activities.