[Arabidopsis] Please nominate North American Arabidopsis scientists to serve on NAASC

Joanna Friesner via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by jdfriesner from ucdavis.edu)
Thu Jul 28 15:43:31 EST 2016

Hi there,

The online nomination leading to electing two new members to serve on the North American Arabidopsis Steering Committee (NAASC) is now underway- nomination deadline: AUGUST 13.

ONLY North American Arabidopsis researchers may nominate to NAASC, and serve on NAASC.
The next two individuals elected will serve as co-chairs of ICAR 2020, the next US-based Arabidopsis conference after ICAR 2017 (June 19-23, 2017 in St. Louis.)

**I emailed individualized links to the online nomination page this afternoon, July 28th, to 4000+ email addresses.**
If you do NOT find a nomination email from me (via Survey Monkey) today,
and you want to nominate (self-nominations are OK), then please:

(1) check your junk mail /spam folder for an email from me
(jdfriesner from ucdavis.edu<mailto:jdfriesner from ucdavis.edu>)
(2) if it's not there, please reply to me (jdfriesner from ucdavis.edu<mailto:jdfriesner from ucdavis.edu>) and
provide your email address and I will add it to the list.

You may also email nominations to me directly (if you want to take part in the election next month, I'll need to add you to the email list. You can opt out of the email list at any time, including immediately after voting!)

If you are a North American Arabidopsis researcher and you want to
participate in the election first please check your inbox for an email
from me (via SurveyMonkey) this morning (jdfriesner from ucdavis.edu<mailto:jdfriesner from ucdavis.edu>)

Timeline for election:
(1) Nomination deadline: August 13.
(2) Nominees will be confirmed by NAASC after August 14.
(3) Online Survey Monkey election consisting of the subset of nominees who are willing to serve: August 22-31.
(4) Top two vote-getters will be confirmed by NAASC after August 31.
(5) New NAASC members announced approximately Sept. 1 via Survey Monkey and the Arab-gen list-serve.

Thanks,
Joanna
--
Joanna Friesner Ph.D.