[Arabidopsis] Re: Selection of transgenic Arabidopsis line in Hygromycin medium

ravipalanivelu from gmail.com via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by ravipalanivelu from gmail.com)
Mon Aug 29 15:25:39 EST 2016

Hi Mahmud,

We do the following after following the procedures and rationale described in Harrison et al 2006 (https://plantmethods.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1746-4811-2-19):

1) Sterilize seeds and plate them.
2) Incubate the plates in 4C for 3 days in dark (plates covered with foil).
3) Remove foil and place plates in the growth chamber for 5-6 hours (in light).
4) Then, place plates in dark for 3 days (a drawer is practical). Resistant seedlings would elongate further and can begin to be distinguished from susceptible seedlings.
5) Move the plates to the growth chamber. Hygromycin resistant seedlings can be more reliably scored over the next few days.

Best Regards
Ravi Palanivelu
Associate Professor
School of Plant Sciences