[Arabidopsis] troubeshooting help: wierd Western blot result

Smith via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by chiangscn from gmail.com)
Fri Sep 18 04:53:15 EST 2015

hello Drs and professors,

I recently ran WB to detect the expression of a NAC transcription
factor (M.W. 45 kDa) gene (tagges with tandem HA at th C-terminus) in
tobacco leaves through agroinfiltration, using anti-HA antibody(Sigma)
and ECL kit. However, the sole band at different time-points in the
PVDF membrane is about 80 kDa, based on the prestained protein marker.
There is no other band on the membrane. What is the reason? Could
anyone provide some explanation?
BTW, I ran SDS-PAGE and it is not likely because of protein complex.

thanks very much for your help.

best regards,

Smith